Our vision for all our pupils is, “Be all you can be!”
At the Beeston Primary we know:
· Our children are proud to take part in PE activities organised by the schools
· Our children enjoy participating in sports clubs after school.
· Some children are lacking in the skills to be resilient and find it harder to cope when they are not successful.
· Children do not access a range of different sports outside of school.
Therefore, the PE curriculum, across the school, has been planned as follows:
· Intra-school competitions have been implemented at to allow all children opportunities to compete and apply the skills they have been learning.
· Sport after school clubs take place regularly.
· We follow a scheme of work delivered by the teachers (Val Sabin), this focuses on the social, personal and cognitive aspects and allows children to work on personal goals and build resilience.
· Our school pledges & British values are taught through PE.
· Football is not taught within P.E lessons. This allows us to focus on a range of other sports and allows for a level playing field.
· Specialist sports coaches deliver a wide range of sports including, dodgeball, rounders, cricket, netball, tag-rugby, gymnastics and dance.
· For children to be able to complete sections of the Pledges passport in leadership, participation and well-being.
At Beeston Primary, PE is split into 4 core areas:
PE curriculum overview
PE will be taught over a 2-year rolling programme, to ensure the revised curriculum is delivered to all children within a mixed class
PE Rolling Programme Year 1
|2022/23||Stars (EYFS/Y1)||Planets (Y2/Y3/Y4)||Comets (Y5/6) *|
|Autumn 1||Games - EYFS Units 1 & 2||Games - Y2 Units 1 & 3||Games - Y5 Units 2 & 3|
|Coach led||Handball/ benchball||Dodgeball|
|Autumn 2||Games - Y1 Units 1 & 2||Dance - Y2 Units 2 & 4||Gymnastics - Y5 Units 1 & 4|
|Spring 1||Dance - EYFS Units 1 & 3||Games - Y3 Units 1 & 3||Games Y6 Units 1 & 3|
|Coach led||Hockey||Tag rugby|
|Spring 2||Gymnastics - EYFS Units 2, 3 & 4||Gymnastics - Y3 Unit 2, Y4 Unit 2||Dance - Y5 Units 2 & 4|
|Summer 1||Dance - Y1 Units 2 & 4||Athletics 1||Athletics 1|
|Dance - Y3 Units 2 & 4||Dance - Y5 Unit 1|
|Summer 2||Gymnastics - Y1 Unit 1 & 3||Athletics 2||Athletics 2|
|Games - Y2 Unit 4, Y3 Unit 2|
|Coach led||Sports Day/ rounders||Sports Day/ tennis|
PE Rolling Programme Year 2
|2023/24||Stars (EYFS/ Y1)||Planets (Y2 & Y3)||Comets (Y4/Y5/Y6)|
|Autumn 1||Games - EYFS Units 3 & 4||Games - Y3 Units 1 & 3||Games - Y5 Units 1 & 4|
|Coach led||Dodgeball||Handball/ benchball|
|Autumn 2||Gymnastics - EYFS Units 2,3 & 4||Dance - Y4 Units 1 & 3||Gymnastics - Y6 Units 2 & 3|
|Spring 1||Dance - EYFS Units 2 & 4||Games - Y4 Units 1 & 2||Games - Y6 Units 2 & 4|
|Coach led||Tag rugby||Hockey|
|Spring 2||Games - Y1 Units 3 & 4||Gymnastics - Y3 Unit 3, Y4 Unit 3||Dance - Y6 Units 1 & 4|
|Summer 1||Gymnastics - Y1 Units 1 & 2||Athletics 1||Athletics 1|
|Coach led||Cricket||Rounders/ soft ball|
|Summer 2||Dance - Y1 Units 1 & 3||Athletics 2||Athletics 2|
|Coach led||Sports day/ Tennis||Sports Day/Cricket|
* Swimming will be taught to children in Comets and commence in Autumn 1