Admission to the school
Any parents wishing to discuss the admission of their child are welcome to contact the Headteacher who will be pleased to talk through the admissions procedure and show you around the school.
The total number of places available in Reception (September 2022), based on the admission number set by the Local Authority, is 12. We do take applications from pupils who live outside the area but acceptance is dependent on admission numbers and the admissions policy as defined by the Local Authority. The published admission number for the school is 80 children.
Norfolk County Council Children’s Services are the admissions authority for Beeston Primary School. In the event of over-subscription for places in Beeston Primary School, Norfolk County Council will give preference to children using the following admisison criteria:
- with an EHCP or statement of Special Educational Needs naming that school
- children in public care, have been adopted from public care or adopted from abroad
- live in the catchment area and have a sibling attending the school at the time of their admission
- live in the catchment area who have a sibling attending the feeder high school
- have a disability and live in the catchment area
- live in the catchment area
- children eligible for service premium
- live outside the catchment area who have a sibling with an EHCP attending the school at the time of their admission
- live outside the area served by the school who have a sibling attending the school at the time of their admisison
- live outside the catchment area who have a sibling attending the feeder high school
- have a disability and live outside the catchment area
- children of staff
- live outside the catchment area
For full please see the Parents Guide to Admissions.
A statutory school place must be applied for either online or on a Common Application Form. If you do not receive this information you should contact the Admissions Team at Norfolk County Council:
Telephone: 0344 800 8020
Address: Admissions, 8th Floor, County Hall, Martineau Lane, Norwich, NR1 2DL